Goa is a popular year round tourist destination and people from all over the world flock to this beautiful destination to not only enjoy its beaches but also its amazing cuisine. Goa is home to many restaurants and some of the best ones serve a variety of interesting delicacies. One of the best ways of getting to enjoy authentic Goan cuisine is by exploring and visiting one of the roadside eateries that may seem small yet serve excellent Goan cuisine.
Top Five Vegetarian Restaurants in GOA:
- Little Italy: This place serves authentic vegetarian Italian cuisine and it is perfect to enjoy an excellent meal in the evening.
- Plantain Leaf: This is yet another amazing restaurant serving a host of vegetarian Indian and Continental delicacies.
- Hotel Kamat: Located on the church square in Panaji, this place serves South Indian vegetarian food.
- Satkar Hotel: This place is also known for offering a range of South Indian delicacies.
- Vegetarian Restaurant: Situated on Tito’s Road on Baga Beach, this restaurant is run by an English woman and she serves a variety of vegetarian delights.
Top Five Non-Vegetarian Restaurants in GOA:
- After Seven Restaurant: This restaurant is extremely popular and is one of the best dinner venues in Goa. The restaurant is situated between Calangute and Candolim and is known to offer some of the best steaks in town.
- I-95 Restaurant: This place is known to serve some of the best-grilled meats especially prawns and lobsters.
- Souza Lobo: This is one of the best restaurants in Calangute, Goa. This is literally an institution where Goan food is concerned and therefore a must visit for anyone looking to sample Goan delicacies.
- Brittos Restaurant: Brittos in Baga Beach is one of the most popular beach shacks serving excellent array of delicacies especially prawn curry, crab curry and chicken fried rice.
- Fiesta: This is a restaurant in Calangute that is known to be one of the most romantic restaurants and serves excellent pizzas, meat and seafood platters.
Top Five Beach Restaurants in GOA:
- Cavala: This beachside restaurant on Baga beach not only offers great food but also features amazing live music on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The friendly staff further ensures that one enjoys a wonderful dining experience.
- St. Anthony’s: This is yet another restaurant at Baga Beach that is known for serving a host of Indian delicacies and is one of the oldest restaurants in Goa.
- Waves: Situated on Calangute beach, Waves is an amazing restaurant reflecting an artistic ambience and traditional Goan delicacies are presented in an extremely creative manner.
- Stone House: Those with a penchant to excellent grilled meats and steaks must visit Stone House.
- Lila Café: Situated on the banks of Baga river, this extremely pretty café serves an assortment of delicious pastries and other mouthwatering delights.